Tuesday 5 April 2011

Swim Boy

J has been going to swimming lessons with his class at the local swimming pool.
This only occurs once per school year however as they block book two weeks worth for each group.
J has never been a fan of the pool.
I have mentioned before I think it is to do with the echo and noise and also that he feels unsafe with the danger of slipping and being out of his depth.
I handed his kit into the school reception on Monday and asked them to take it down to the classroom as he was saying "goodbye swimming" over and over again and did not want to take the kit bag with him.
I had a note written in his home-school book on Monday evening asking me to send his kit in.
I replied I already had.
I see his teacher this afternoon and she tells me they could not find it. He had hidden it!
They eventually find it inside one of the teachers lockers where they keep their personal belongings!
He re-hid it again.
They found it.
He hid it again.
They removed it from the vacinity and even though he protested upon alighting the school bus, knowing he was heading off to the swimming baths, he did actually enjoy the lesson - according to the staff.

He is a cheeky young man and so very clever in his own way!