Saturday 30 April 2011

Sing-along-a-song

I have blogged before about J and his love of my IPhone 4 that he can use so easily to access YouTube and record images of himself with either the camera or the film camera.

Well, he has one YouTube clip of Bear in the Big Blue House singing the song 'Co-operation' and J tries to sing along to it. J recorded himself on the video element of the phone singing this song.

I found him pacing up and down the garden patio (happily pacing) with the phone close to his ear and was listening to his own recording of himself singing the song. There were bits missing and most words were not recognisable to anyone but me, but he paused at the right parts and was able to add the "ow" and the "umm umm" bits that filler the song between sentences. Where he did'nt know the words he stayed silent.

As he was listening to the recording he was also singing along to it perfectly out loud, and every word and "umm umm" or "ow" was in time to the milli second along with the recording. With some auto tuning and lip syncing he would rival Cheryl Cole (what, she does'nt sing live?!) for a hit. Add in some dancers, a ridiculous 'look at me' outfit (Gaga et al) and a Euro pop beat and it's number 1.

I was annoyed I did'nt have another camera spare to film him doing this. It really was quite amazing.
Since then he has recorded himself in various facial expression modes, changing the expression or blinking his eyes rapidly, and again he is in perfect sync with the recording.
The only thing I have to be careful of is him recording himself whilst I am chatting to the boys or on the phone. I hate hearing my own voice! J on the other hand seems to be loving it!