Sunday 17 July 2011

Anywhere but the bedroom

J really does not do things logically sometimes.
The old mattress from the old broken bed in his room is sitting idly in the 1st floor lobby area by the stairs that lead to the top floor. I am not strong or brave enough to lift it up those stairs by myself and as the only men in my house are all under nine years old and two of them are dogs, it is waiting until a knight in shining armour appears and helps me (along with 1001 other little DIY jobs needed doing).

I keep on finding J tucked up on the mattress, which he has tunred from vertical to horizontal along the lobby corridor. Not at night time, but through out the day. His lovely comfy new bed is sitting unused in his bedroom (and being mooned over by his middle brother who "really really wants a bed like that" ).

He does'nt detest his bedroom or have a fear about it as he spends time in there in the day and early evening,  it is just when it is sleeping time that he makes a hasty exit and settles down on the top of the stairs or the sofa.

There is no update as yet on the melatonin as the chemist did not have it in stock and so had to order some in. I do doubt that he will actually sleep in his bed in his room even after the melatonin, but then the reason he has been prescribed it is not for where he sleeps but rather what time he goes to sleep and the difficulties he has in doing that. I am sure I will be adding an entry in the near future about how it either helps him or has no effect whatsoever!