Sunday 19 May 2013

Repetitive Phrases

There are some days when J seems to spend it repeating the same short sentences over and again.
Today has been a pretty repetitive one, and it does make me very mentally tired from it.
For some parts of the day I knew the reason for his phrases, and despite me understanding, he was not going to get his own way. He wanted to gorge on his new passion, Weetabix Weetos cereal. It is very hard to get him out of his circular emotions, and distraction techniques are never usually a solution.

Since 7am I have been verbally battered with sentences such as
  • "one tissue, one wipe"
  • "goodbye baby"
  • "one tissue, toilet"
  • "tunny" - no idea what this word means
  • "chocolate cereal, come on then"
  • "Tessie Bear"
  • "Hello Luna, Hello Bear"

I do try to remove and reduce stresses to J. But sometimes I cannot allow him his own way, and it is hard for the both of us, as well as his brothers.