Sunday 26 January 2014

More Drawings and an Update on Previous Post

I have had some lovely feedback about my last post. One email was from a staff member from the school J used to attend. In the message, there was an explanation for why J had drawn the picture he called 'Hawwison' (Harrison), with such long legs ; There is a boy with this name that went to J's old school, and is at his current school, albeit the boy is a few years older than he is. 
The boy in question is very tall. He has a growth condition. I knew there would be a reason why J drew such long legs, but my jazzy patterned trouser idea was not to be!

Since I posted J's pictures up, he has been very forthcoming with more drawings.
Some are the same as usual, but two are new ones.


This is self explanatory, as he has written the name of the children's television show he loves to watch on YouTube (as they do not broadcast it anymore, and there is only one DVD available). 
He writes without knowing what letters he is using. It is copying by rote.




When he presented this drawing to me, I couldn't understand or decipher what he was trying to say. I presume it is either from Bear in the Big Blue House, or from The Story Makers. I am inclined to think it is from Bear, and is the Shadow sketch part of the show.
The character's mouth is quite expressive. I am not sure what the lines are meant to represent.
I will one day! It may be years, but I always discover answers to the mysteries of J.....




This drawing is the same as the one I showed in the last post. It is a new drawing, but of the same scene. There are a couple of slight differences between them, which I have shown further down.



I have put the photos side to side to show just how precise he is. There are only three differences I can see. The rest, such as the height of the characters, are the same on both drawings.

              Drawing from last post                             Today's drawing

There are four of these magnetic drawers scattered around the house. J has his favourite one, and will seek it out if it has been moved. To me, they all look the same, but to J, he knows!