Monday 16 January 2017

A Poem I Wrote Six Years Ago

I wrote the following poem in 2010, and have just read it again as I was spell checking old posts I have blogged.

My goodness me, my spelling, grammar, and punctuation were not tip top when I began this blog, and I am embarrassed by the simple mistakes I used to make. I am trying to correct them now, but it is taking a long time to go back into each post and correct all my mistakes - I will do it though!

This is the poem I have come across, and I thought it deserved a second blog post. I can't remember writing it, or what emotions I was experiencing at that time, but I feel good to say, that I no longer feel quite so blue ( the impression my words give me when I read them).


Is this it? 

Is this it?
Is this my life?
Day in day out,
Yet more strife

Just another mum,
Another room to clean,
Being the biggest presence in the house,
But never being seen

How far have I come
In living the dream
The childhood fantasy
That ran out of steam

If I sit here wishing
For days gone by
Will I miss the ones coming
Because I didn’t try

To see what is here
Is more than some get
That my life is not stone
It is not set

Time may slip by
In whispers of sand
But this is my life
That I hold in my hand

To cherish that bond
The one between child
The one that a mother
Can never hide

Be still my thoughts
Of a life that is not this
Because all that I have
I really would miss

Written by me, SpringyMum (Twitter) AKA Tor