Monday 4 June 2018

J And The Neighbour's Parcel Deliveries

A funny little thing happened recently with J, a parcel delivery for my neighbours, and the 'help' he thought he was being to me. 
I have a usual routine of removing the name and address labels from every parcel I receive for us, as soon as I've removed the contents from the box, so that it can be squashed and put into the recycling. 

One day recently, I took in two boxes for my neighbours, and put them in the kitchen to store until they collected them. I totally forgot about them, until I saw my neighbour's car in their drive. I went to retrieve them from the kitchen, and found two empty boxes, labels removed, and the contents piled neatly on the side.

I quickly packed everything back into the boxes - luckily he hadn't squashed them - and scuttled over to my neighbour, with a pained and embarrassed look on my face, which she looked quizzically at me for. I hastily explained what had happened, as I handed her deliveries over, and she was very understanding, and even laughed ; 
When we first moved into our house, she introduced herself within a few hours, and produced a lovely bottle of red wine to welcome us into the small cul-de-sac, and I explained all about J and his 'funny' ways and special needs - so she was really unfazed by his latest antics. 

It was only later on in the evening that this thought occurred to me - thank goodness her deliveries where nothing embarrassing, or of a sensitive nature! I don't think either of us would be able to stop and have a little chat every so often, or even pass pleasantries as we head in and out of our houses, without blushing.