Thursday 20 January 2011

My first complaint of the year

Well, as my New Year Resolution stated I am not taking anymore brush offs or messing around from the very people that are paid to provide a service to help and support special needs children and their families.

Today we had an appointment booked with the new paediatrician. The appointment had been given to me via a letter from their offices back in the begining of December.
At the bottom of the letter, in bold lettering, is a warning that if you fail to turn up for the appointment or do not give them adequate notice of cancelling it means the appointment is wasted as it could have been given to another child.

Now, I abide by the rule of 'practice what you preach'.

Thirty minutes before the appointment (which had been arranged to be held at J's school), I get a telephone call from the school to inform me that the paediatrician had'nt turned up, and so they telephoned the offices to be told that the paediatrician was in a meeting and the appointment had not been recorded in her diary.
So it was cancelled.
Had the school not chased up her lateness would have meant me wasting my time getting to school and waiting around as neither the paediatrician or her office were aware of this appointment, the very appointment they had made and sent out to me.

So, I have called the offices and asked to make a complaint.
I was put through to someone who would help, and when transferred was cut off!

Eventually I speak to the person responsible for initiating a complaint and she took down my details.
I felt that it was being belittled slightly, but you know what (?) I don't care.
My complaint is now going to be treated correctly and I will receive notification shortly, via letter, of the outcome.
As explained to this woman, I am no longer putting up with this continued poor service and standard of treatment.

I am the next generation Victor Meldrew!