Saturday 5 March 2011

I Phone addict

Technology can be a wonderful thing.
J has loved using the special 'touch screen' computer at school for a while, but as it is fairly expensive it has been out of my reach financially to buy one.
I was upgraded by my mobile phone company recently to the I Phone 4. I have never had such a techno rich phone before - I usually had those simple little ones that had a crappy camera installed which made everything photograped appear to be under a veil of sand.
The I Phone has opened my eyes to much more. Yes I have accessed the internet for years via computer then laptop, but to have this thin small phone that enables access to the world wide web has been fantastic.

J has now adopted it, unoffically, as his. He can speed through YouTube and finds all his programmes that he loves to watch on DVD. Unfortunately for me he can play the same clip over and over again.
I have mentioned before of his love for Bear in the Big Blue House and now he views lots of clips. But, as it is the world wide web there are lots of dubbed clips, some a kind of mickey take, but others in foreign languages. He has been playing this one song, dubbed over in Brazilian, day in day out. I can sing along to it now, so if ever a Brazilian tourist needs an interpreter, I can provide a good rendition of Bears song 'Opposites' for them. I am sure they will really appreciate my effort.

We have watched the TeleTubbies in French and Aunty Mabel flying her spotty plane with a made up narrative over the top of the VT.
There was even a homemade clip, made for someones girlfriend/friend called Fimbo, with the Fimbles theme tune running over photos over her.
J loves them all.

I looked at getting him an I Pad so as my phone stays my phone, but they are so expensive!
I have found something called an E Tablet (yes very 1990 I thought so too) made by Elonex. It costs around £89 for the 7inch screen version or £149 for the 10inch version. It enables Youtube and other social sites to be used with ease, has the same touch screen technology as the I Pad/Phone, and connects to WIFI.

I am hoping to be able to afford it soon as he spends every minute on my phone now and is so much more calm in the house with less aimless wandering and noises. He sings along, albeit not word perfect with his language problems, and is a happy boy to be around.