Monday 7 March 2011

Bath time frolic

It's bathtime. I have washed Js hair. I have supervised him washing himself, with me directing and encouraging him.
I have removed the shampoo bottle and the shower gel ( as he will then sit and squirt the lot into the bath otherwise).
I pop into the other room to check the other boys are playing nicely together and to gather Js pyjamas from his drawer.
I return to the bathroom and wonder why J has white stuff in his hair. I search around for a bottle of something. Nothing. I touch his hair. I realise it is toilet tissue.
He has taken the roll from the side and put it into the bath with himself.
There is now floating toilet tissue covering the whole surface of the bath.
I attempt to rinse his hair with fresh water.
I make him get out of the bath.
And then I try to drain the bath.
It takes me twenty five minutes to clear it all from the plug hole and swishing it into a bucket and pouring it down the toilet.
The plug hole is not clearing water very well and I am there picking little bits of tissue out all the while trying to stop J from climbing back in.
I eventually get most of it out and then have to power jet the plug hole to make sure there is none hiding the other side of it.
I suppose I have to add toilet rolls to the list of things to hide from him. We will soon just have walls and doors in this house and nothing else!