Friday 8 July 2011

Tough Talking.

Something a few people have learned over the past week is that I will never allow my children to be sidelined or put into any danger.
I can not discuss it here for legal reasons, however, there are people with jobs out there who mistook my son being disabled as an excuse to not treat him or me with any kind of respect or decency.
I have been going through a very hard experience to deal with and at no point was it made easier or acknowledged.
I had to write down what my thoughts and opinions were as no-one in power was wanting to listen - they had closed the door and pulled the shutters down.
What I wrote was written from my heart. I did'nt have to think about what I was writing. It just flowed. And boy did it flow. I wrote an essay it would appear. But it was what I needed to do. And it was what was needed for these selection of people to hear. And hear it they did. And from what I have been told it made an impact upon each and every one. Some of them have been in their job for many years and have experienced this situation on many scales and so are hardened, but they forgot that us little people, the people that are still affected by the situation, do matter, and more fool them for dismissing me.
Many sleepless nights and tearful moments have engulfed me over the last few weeks but finally I have some closure, some answers, and some respect.
Considering it was centred on J and not me, he had no real understanding of the severity, or could communicate to me any happenings, and so it made it hard for me to deal with.
My boys will always be my priority. Always be the focus of my life. Never be dismissed. Always be made to feel safe and secure. And woe betide any person that thinks they can come our way and destroy that.