Thursday 29 September 2011

Some results are in

I have had some results back from the blood tests taken nearly 9 weeks ago.
J is clear of diabetes, thyroid disease and high cholesterol.
The first part of his genetic testing has come back clear.
It was explained to me that this test looked for any missing chromosomes and found he has them all present.
I asked if this meant he was clear of SMS and was told that in fact as happens a lot with SMS it is not a missing chromosome (number 17)  but a mutation  of it and so that is what they are still testing for now.
So it looks pretty positive I feel that he does'nt have SMS which is a relief as it means it is not genetic and therefore the other children won't have that hanging over them when the time comes for them to start their own families.
I asked how much longer I would have to wait and was told no more than a few weeks.
I only found this all out by calling the genetics team. I used the pretence of asking a question and then wound it round to asking if any results were back in. A little lie maybe but at least I got some answers!