Saturday 7 September 2013

Moaner? Complainer? Yes, that's Me!

I am a bit of a complainer. A moaner if you like. But I actually address the problem that is irking me, rather than do nothing proactive, except seethe with anger, or frustration.

I am very proactive when it comes to most parts of my life and family.
Don't get me wrong though, I do not make complaints about the smaller issues of everyday life, such as queues in shops, loud music in a restaurant, two shop assistants talking about their social life instead of manning another till during peak shopping time - these do irritate me, but it's only a small part of my day, and pointless becoming irate over - life is too short to sweat the small stuff after all.

What is the point of suffering an injustice or malpractice, and not doing anything about it? Instead just complain to friends and family, over and again? - Do something! How can companies, organisations, businesses, etcetera, learn, if they are not told where they have gone wrong?
I always think to myself that, if I can improve a service or facility et al, just from an email or letter, then the next family receiving help will not have to experience what I, or my family have had to.

Again I will state that I am not a busy body or a tattle tale. I don't look for faults just so I can put pen to paper. It just seems unfortunate that over the last eleven years, the services that are in place to help, guide, inform, support, educate and medicate, have quite a few 'teething problems', 'hiccups', 'lessons they will learn from', and my family seem to bear the brunt of one or all of them!
It is a standing joke amongst certain friends and family as to what will go wrong, be forgotten about, or misplaced, in the services and support J receives, that I then have to sort out.
I have to keep my humour up, as it really is a farce sometimes, and it's almost unbelievable the amount of times clerical errors occur, just for one child.

I think about the people in Britain that complain non stop about the government. Quite rightly complaints should be aired, as many politicians work only to better their lives, not the people that elected them into power.
But what about those that didn't vote? The ones that declared their abstaining rights. The ones that couldn't be bothered to go to their local polling station and put a cross in a box. How can they make a fuss about their government, when they didn't actually participate in electing them?
It's like buying a house right next to a motorway, and then three months later complaining about the noise. Actions have consequences, but so does apathy and stoic refusal.

If I can make a positive change to something I have no control over, and ensure future families avoid the same error making from others, then I will do my upmost to keep on and never stop trying.