Saturday 26 March 2011

Creativity with liquid

A blog from last year mentioned J and his like of chucking liquid onto the patio in the back garden, stomping through it and making patterns with his foot prints.
Recently he has taken to doing this indoors, namely ,( and thankfully) in the kitchen.
At first I thought it was an accident and he had dropped it by mistake, but I caught him today, mid act, with a cup full of water and a wild carefree chucking motion with his arm.
He was smirking (the facial expression was a smirk, but I am pretty sure he does not know this actual emotion and therefore it is not a proper smirk) and laughing, but I made him clean it up.
Not much fun in it then is there? Being made to wipe it all up with kitchen roll.
I could label it as creativity I suppose. I could invest in a large blank canvas, kit out a room with protective covers, buy some paint, and let him loose with his feet, his hands and his mind to produce a masterpiece.
I could sell it for a profit and turn the second floor conversion into a sound proof haven for him, where he can stomp around, singing his Bear songs in Brazilian, and have time out from the hustle and bustle of his brothers and dogs.
I shall await a call from Bonhams.....