Tuesday 22 March 2011

Disabled People Against Cuts - A link I have found

I have come across this website via Facebook which I think is a very good idea and is enabling all who are disabled to have their voice heard even if they can not go on an actual protest march.

There is apparently a march occuring on the 26th March and all those who are armchair bound, wheel chair bound or perhaps are parents like myself who would find it impossible to attend due to the nature of my childs disability and the fact I have two other children to care for too.

http://www.dpac.uk.net/2011/03/in-solidarity-with-the-protesters-on-the-streets-on-26-march-online-map-disabled-people-and-allies/

There is a virtual map on this site and all those who sign up for it get a 'pin' on the map for their location.
The idea is to show that there are plenty more voices shouting out "No!" to the proposed cuts to the disabled community. As a parent who is directly affected by these proposals and who is already experiencing a lack of support from the professional body in our area, further cuts would be disasterous.

Get your voice heard!