Saturday 27 August 2011

The clubhouse nightmare

Can you remember previous blog posts where I talk about why I don't take J out to restaurants and venues of large gatherings where food and drink is in plentiful supply?
Well I did a stupid thing the other day, and I took him to a clubhouse, the entertainment place on our holiday home park when it was busy.
He was okay and stayed fairly put where he was at the table, drinking his diet cola.
But after his second glass of drink he was becoming tetchy and wanted to get up and go to the dance floor, where no dancing was occuring, but bingo was being played by the majority of those in the clubhouse, and so quiet was needed.
So in his inimitable style he decided he would make himself sick where he was sitting.
I saw what he was up to and managed to get him outside after only a little had come up. Outside he was laughing hysterically and then made himself vomit enormously, twice.
I was in a dilemma as to what to do. He was hyper and was playing up, but I also had the baby and O with me and I needed to get word to staff inside the building to bring buckets of water to sluice the sick away.
Everyone around me outside were as drunk as Oliver Reed and could'nt offer any help other than open mouthed, slack jawed stares.
I rounded the boys up, went into find help, and left pretty sharpish.
Back at the holiday home he proceeded to try to steal food to gorge on and was manic for several hours.
So that won't be repeated again any time soon!