Monday 19 November 2012

Excellent spellings and sneaking out his Christmas present.

J now has use of an iPad, as well as his own iPod Touch, and my iPhone (if he is desperate to be calmed down and that is all I have to hand).
As soon as he spotted it he was asking for the "big telephone", over and over again.
He knows what to do with it, and seeing his favourite YouTube children's clips on the bigger screen made him really happy.

He can write several words by memory, but most are not understood by him as to what they actually spell out. One of the words he can write is Teletubbies, and this spelling he does comprehend. He can write it in the search bar on Youtube, and also I have seen him write it in the Google search bar, and then click on the images for them.
The other day, after getting the iPad back off of him, so I could charge it up, I looked in Google.
He had written out correctly more of his chidren's programmes he likes.
Most of them are no longer on t.v, only on YouTube.

The photo shows you what he wrote. I was amazed he spelt them correctly. His memory for spellings is improving dramatically, and with that his understanding of what they actually mean.

It also makes presents easier to buy for him. He does'nt enjoy or understand 'regular' toys which are aimed at his age group, and despite most of these shows not being aired anymore, which means no new products being manufactured,eBay is my haven for finding these rare toys and bits and bobs.

I have already purchased most of his Christmas presents, all off eBay, and all related to his favourite programmes.
I know he has found one of them though, and he is clever enough to understand that as I had hidden it (not well enough as he found it!) he sneaks it out, plays with it, and then puts it back.
When I spied what he was doing, I decided it was very clever of him, and it also made me laugh, so I let him carry on ; besides, you're only young once, and I love to see a glimpse into his world and his thinking.