Tuesday 25 July 2017

Painting Piece By My Boy

School has officially ended for the summer break for J, and he brought home a piece of art work he had created there.
I've posted his creations before, many which were drawn on a 'magnetic drawer', with Tomy's Megasketcher being his preferred one for many years. 


I buy a new one of these every year for him, as he wears them out, and they get quite bumpy and uneven. He can sit for an hour at times, just drawing away. I used to try and photograph these drawings, to capture his thoughts and feelings, and you can find some of them here, here, and here, and you can also search 'drawings' or 'magnetic drawer' in the search box to the left of the blog.

There is also another piece of art work that J did, over two years ago, that I still absolutely love. 
You can find the original post here. It is a cubism inspired piece, and still impresses me to this day.

I am also bowled over by his latest painting, I just have to post it here to share. 
It is mixed paint on a canvas board, and it quite textured. He wasn't bothered when I asked him about it, and walked off! He walked back in, and pointed to it, and said "sailing boat", so that is what I shall call it - J's Sailing Boat. 

 J's Sailing Boat 2017